It’s World Wide Wednesday! Here’s what’s happening the world of foster care and adoption around the web:
- National Adoption Month Is Coming Soon: Look forward to promoting and supporting sibling connections for children and youth in foster care by bookmarking the National Adoption Month (NAM) 2014 website. The NAM website offers a variety of audience-specific resources to help professionals partner with children, youth, families, and each other to find permanent homes for the more than 102,000 children and youth in foster care who are waiting for adoption.
- Spotlight on Back to School: The September issue of Children’s Bureau Express (CBX) looks at the barriers to academic success faced by children and youth in foster care and some promising practices for enhancing their educational stability. Research shows that many children and youth in foster care are less likely to graduate from high school and attend college than their peers.
- Skim web sections related to kinship care, kinship/relative adoption, and supporting relative caregivers:
- Adoption by Family Type: Kinship/Relative Families
- Assessing and Supporting Relatives/Kinship Caregivers
- Kinship Care
- Kinship Adoption
- Supporting Kinship Caregivers Who Adopt
Have news you’d like to share? Please post in our comments!