This past May, we filled the blog with stories to celebrate National Foster Care Month. We had a wonderful number of guest bloggers who shared very moving and personal experiences, and also some different perspectives from authors connected to the world of foster care. We’d like to feature similar stories this November in honor of National Adoption Month.
Now that the kids are (or are just about!) back in school, I’m looking for bloggers to participate in this project. I’m open to ideas for topics and posts, but here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Do you have a story about how you met or came to know us here at the Coalition? Or perhaps how we have helped you and your family?
- Would you like to share about how you celebrate birth parents and birth family members, especially around the holidays?
- Has your family adopted a child or children from a culture other than your own? Maybe you’d like to write about how you honor that culture and what new cultural celebrations you have folded into your family.
- Are you an adoptee who would like to share your personal perspective?
- Have you made an adoption plan for your child?
Our May series was a great success and I can’t wait to hear from families and individuals to help celebrate National Adoption Month 2013!
How to participate:
- If you’d like to take part and share a blog post, simply leave a comment on this blog post or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let me know your name and where you are from (just the state is fine!).
- All posts should be sent to me at the email address above no later than October 15, 2013.
- Photos are always welcome, as long as any children photographed are either birth children of your family or children who have been legally adopted and whose adoption has been finalized. For confidentiality reasons, we cannot include any images of children in your home who you may be fostering or whose adoptions have not yet been finalized.
- If you would like to share your story and have your name(s) or any other identifying information or details changed, we can definitely accommodate those requests.
- Please be advised that we may make editorial changes to your submission.
If you have questions about participating, just send me an email at email@example.com.