We’re still digging out from under Winter Storm Rocky here in Southeastern Wisconsin – only this digging out isn’t snow; it’s email! Our offices were closed yesterday and my in-box was overflowing this morning with a plethora of resources, links, posts, and news items. Here’s the scoop:
- I have two offerings from Addison Cooper at Adoption at the Movies. The first is a review of the children’s book, The Red Thread, An Adoption Fairy Tale.
- The second is about the movie Monsters, Inc. Addison always does such a great job with his posts. Strong points, week points, and questions for discussion. Certainly worth reading and following.
- Next, a couple of posts from Adoption Magazine. First, a great list of books for those who are or have adopted an older child. (Many of the books lists are available in our lending library, as well.)
- The second post is a list of seven Awesome Adoption links – good reads, all.
- There’s an article in the latest News from NACAC e-mail about eating issues that children and youth who have been adopted or are in foster care can face. You can read it here – Healing from Food Insecurity: Beyond the Stash.
- Finally, a very nice video by Betsy DuKatz on the Kid Hero blog about why she became a foster parent.
That should get you all caught up for now – have you come across some good reads lately? Share what you’ve posted or read in our comments!