Our Home Our Family isn’t just a one-shot workshop. By committing to a series of training sessions, you and your partner will learn:
- How to stay connected and keep your relationship strong through good times, bad times, and challenging times.
- How to spot warning signs in your relationship with your child and with your partner – and how to diffuse highly stressful situations.
- How to calm down when you’re boiling over with anger or frustration – and how to help your child cope with a meltdown.
- How to work through conflict in your relationship with each other and with your children.
- How to manage ongoing relationships with members of your child’s birth family.
Our Home Our Family not only provides you with the tools to strengthen your relationship with your child and your partner, but will teach you how to use and adapt the tools to fit your unique family situation. You’ll meet other parents facing similar situations and, over the course of your training, build a personal support network that you can continue to rely on as your family grows.
The Spring series of Our Home Our Family begins with Kick-off Saturday on February 23, 2013 from 9am-2pm. Breakfast & lunch are included. Then, the series continues on Thursdays, February 28-March 21 and April 4- April 18. Each session runs from 6-9pm and is held at Adoption Resources of Wisconsin, 6682 W. Greenfield Ave, Suite 310, Milwaukee. For online registration visit http://ohofspring2013.eventbrite.com/ or you can call us at 414-475-1246. Fee: $55 per couple, includes nine modules with a workbook for each person.